Saturday, January 4, 2014

Grace

While cleaning out my documents on my computer today, I stumbled across this photograph. I made this in a program called GIMP when I first started my adventures in blogging.
lightandhopephotography
It was from a 31 day challenge that is very popular in the blogging world. You pick a topic you are passionate about or interested in, and then you blog about it for the next 31 days.

More about that challenge later, but for right now let's talk about grace.

Jesus said, "My grace is sufficient for thee"(II Corinthians 12:9).
He gives us grace. He died so that we could live, and live life to it's fullest. Yet we are always so hard on ourselves, and thinking we can never do anything right. Or at least that's what I do. I feel like I make mistakes every single day, and I punish myself for that.
But why? His grace is sufficient for thee right? He forgives me, and you when we make mistakes. If it's something we feel we need forgiveness for then we need to ask God, and move on. But why is it so hard to move on?  It's a daily struggle for me. Even if I make little mistakes it's a struggle for me to see that God overlooks those.

But let's keep reading the rest of that verse: "for my strength is made perfect in weakness"(II Corinthians 12:9).

As Gru in Despicable Me would say, "Light bulb!" His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Why? So that we would come to know Him, and know He is God. He knows about our mistakes. And sometimes I have to wonder if He laughs at us for some of the silly things we worry ourselves over.

When we feel weak, hopeless, like we've made too many mistakes for Him to love us. I think He just smiles, and says, "My grace is sufficient for thee". He forgives us unconditionally. Because He loves us. He gives us grace to get through the hard things of this life. You don't have to struggle through life, or beg for His help. He's right there, right beside you willing and ready to bring you out. If only you will just say, "Help me, I can't do this by myself".

His grace makes you see the beautiful you He created. And this one is a challenge, a big challenge. It's not just me, it's millions of girls around the world. All wanting to be the next Angelina Jolie, or Scarlett Johanson. What helps me, is reading Gensis 1:27, "So God created man is his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them". And this verse: "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully, and wonderfully made"(Psalms 139: 14).

We were made in His image, and we were fearfully, and wonderfully made. So that means we are beautiful, wonderful, magnificent, and made with purpose. This doesn't have to mean outside beauty. What's more important is the beauty that is within you. The beauty to create, to inspire others, to be a leader, etc. God has given everyone unique talent for a divine purpose. Don't let the cares of this life, distract you from what's really important. Don't be obsessed with the celebrity lifestyle, it's really not all it's cracked up to be.
In some small way I hope this post has helped you, and maybe even encouraged you.
Just know that God gives us His grace, so that we may share our joy with others.
Grace is: Merciful, Forgiving, Loving me & you just the way we are, and more............

Love always,
)(ope*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...