Monday, January 6, 2014

Current Read: Fearless by Max Lucado

I use to read all the time when I was younger. I couldn't even put a book down until I finished it. Sometimes I would read all afternoon until late in the evening instead of watching television. Unfortunately, I got "too busy" in high school trying to fit in with the crowd that I dropped my love of books altogether. But recently I've been re-discovering my love for them again. lightandhopephotography

I just finished Christian author, Max Lucado's book, "Fearless". And it's probably one of the best I've read so far. It literally touched on every single fear, and backed it up with scripture. Everyone has a fear. Some have small fears, and some have fears that overwhelm them to the point they stay up all night. The "God's Ticked Off at Me" & the "Caffeinated Life" chapters really hit me dead on. 

Every single day I always feel like I'm letting God down, and disappointing Him. And I'm scared to take those big leaps of faith for fear of what's next. Both chapters dove into the core of the fear. Making me ask the question, "Why was I afraid?" This book has made me laugh, and it's made me cry. I even had my Gru(Despicable Me) moment, "Light bulb!"  I highly encourage you to read this book if you are feeling down in the dumps, or feeling too afraid to move your feet. It's a feel good book, but it's a feel good book that makes you think. It hits the core of all your fears, and lifts you up to a level of praise.

Love always,
)(ope*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...