Thursday, October 31, 2013

Making Dreams Happen One Action Step At A Time

I started a journey at the beginning of this year with Lara Casey. A journey to make my dreams a reality, and I would love to tell you it's been a cake walk. The truth is, is that I have hit every bump, and snag in the road you could possibly think of! It's been enough to make me sit down at night, cry, and wonder if it's ever going to become a reality. 

My dream is to become a business owner, and create a financially stable life for me, and my family. I have dreams to travel, to make quality videos on YouTube to showcase the creative talent God has given me, and to create a community. But at this moment I fee like I've only been running around in circles not knowing which way is up or down. I'm sure every young entrepreneur can relate to this feeling, and even those who are not entrepreneurs. 

Let me take you back to the beginning so it will all make sense, I found Lara Casey's blog, and Facebook fan page. I was intrigued by her, "Making Things Happen" plan, so I downloaded it, and set some great goals for 2013. And once I started reading her blog I was hooked! I was also convinced she was stalking my life, because everything that she was writing about was happening to me, or I felt the same way.

Photo Credit: Lara Casey 
 I was doing great, then my grandmother needed foot surgery for her falling arch, that would put her on bed rest for several months. Between house sitting, working 20-25 hrs. a week, trying to make my dreams come true, and taking care of my grandmother. Life became quite overwhelming, and I had to stop working on everything for a while. Since then it's been nothing, but crazy, and I haven't been able to get back on track until now. And life only feels crazier, because I'm going back to college to earn my degree in Advertising & Graphic Design(*insert applause* yay!!)

I could sit here all day long, make excuses for myself, and why my dreams aren't coming true, but it's time to fight fear! In Lara's latest post, she makes a whole lot of sense. In some crazy, weird way I'm scared of success. For me personally, it's because I know everything in my life would change. It would change for the better, but it's change that I'm scared of. I get into my comfortable little routines, and that's the way I want it to stay. But that doesn't serve the world. Neither does feeling inadequate. I know God has a greater plan, and purpose for my life. He doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies those whom He calls! It's time to stop feeling like I can't do it, time to stop fearing what other people are going to say, and time to stop fearing change! 

Photo Credit: Lara Casey Blog
I can't wait to share more of my making things happen journey with you, but for today I will leave you with this amazing quote: 

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. – Marianne Williamson

Love,
)(ope*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...